With the onset of Corona disease and the spread of the Covid-19 virus around the world, most professions and businesses have moved to the virtual world to provide their services remotely to individuals. Fortunately, this has been achieved due to advances in technology and the availability of the Internet to a high percentage of people all around the world. Therapies and medicine and nursing have not been excepted and emerged around the world with telehealth and have achieved remarkable success. A number of these applications have even become very popular and well received by the people, especially the elderly.
What is Telehealth?
Telehealth is essentially the provision of health care through technology - usually through telephone or video chat using physician-assisted software to reach physicians and even health care providers. Telehealth allows patients to access health care from home.
Although any health concerns or status cannot be resolved through a virtual doctor visit, with the help of telehealth, doctors can visit and examine patients online and find out about their health status. The use of telehealth has had numerous benefits for people, especially the elderly, including the following:
- No need for physical presence in medical facilities and help prevent the breakdown of the Covid-19 virus disease transmission chain
- Increased immunity and reduced risk of Covid-19 virus disease, both for the patients and for physicians and treatment staffs
- Feel more comfortable and safe at home
- Easier communication with the doctor through video calls
- Saving time
- Save on travel costs
- The concept of distance becomes meaningless
- No need to move between the doctor's office and the patient's home, especially in elderly patients with disabilities and mobility limitations
- Preparation of prescription drugs with the help of telemedicine
- The possibility of communicating with the doctor as soon as the symptoms of the disease appear
- It is easier to get an appointment with a doctor for a visit and examination
- Significant reduction of waiting time in the waiting room to see a doctor
- Possibility of financial management and medical expenses
- Access to a professional, experienced and trained team of physicians, nurses, health care providers and caregivers
- Provide timely and person-centered care
- Safety against the potential dangers of leaving home, especially for the elderly
- Managing the health of the elderly who have a chronic illness. Using telehealth, they can easily renew their prescription drugs after an online visit for the next 4 to 6 months.
- Do not lose the appointment with the doctor while traveling
Many telehealth services have a supportive approach. Using their services makes people feel as if these services are unique to them and only planned for them in addition the person can achieve the desired personal result.
Anyone at any age can benefit from distant health. However, older people can enjoy a variety of health solutions
If an elderly person returns home after hospitalization or surgery, or if he or she has recently been diagnosed with a new illness, being alone can cause nervous problems and anxiety. But through remote medical monitoring, seniors can be assured that their doctors will be instantly updated on their health status and can contact them.
Telehealth allows seniors to make appointments from anywhere in the world and this is the goal of telehealth strategy.