Studies have shown that the elderly who are engaged in artistic activities have a better quality of life and experience a greater sense of well-being. Some fun activities that entertain elderly are as below:
- Invite your friends to watch a movie together with coffee or tea.
- Go to the park and make new friends there.
- Flip through the photo album from time to time and review past memories.
- Play old games with your family and loved ones.
- Use electronic devices such as smartphones, tablets or laptops to enter the virtual space. With the help of this tools, you can watch movies, listen to your favorite music, find your favorite games and have fun with them for hours, or even connect with your friends, loved ones and relatives on social networks. .
- Painting at home
- Creativity with recycled items
- Enroll in an art workshop
- Refer to local associations and charities and participate in their events. Travel to nature with them on travel tours
- Go to museums, photo and painting galleries, sightseeing places with friends or even alone
- Take physical and sports activities seriously. Yoga is one of the activities that is highly recommended for the elderly. Yoga has many physical and mental benefits. Doing stretching exercises daily for just 30 minutes either at home or in the gym will have amazing effects on the health of the elderly.
Get some crayons, brushes, and coloring books like Coloring Mandalas and Draw and enjoy them.
Make decorative and usable items with plastic bottles and used glasses! Different types of pots can give your garden a new life. In addition, gardening and maintaining plants creates peace and self-confidence, and is beneficial for both mental and physical health
There are a variety of art workshops for seniors that you can choose from. Art therapy is very helpful try to see professionals who are especially experienced in working with seniors with dementia, stroke, Parkinson's disease, and other medical conditions. From painting on canvas and calligraphy to pottery and weaving, there's sure to be something you love.
If you know much more about fun activities for elderly do not hesitate to tell us we would be so glad to hear you.