World Parents Day and Senior Care
In the present age, the role of the family and especially the parents are of special importance because their role in upbringing and parenting is very important and effective and they have the main responsibility of raising and supporting children. In order to raise happy and healthy children it is needed to healthy parents and a family with a positive emotional atmosphere. World Parents' Day, set in 2012, is an opportunity for all to appreciate their parents. In fact, without parental support, children's health, education, and emotional well-being are at stake.
It is especially important to pay special attention to older parents on this day because older parents need their children's support, attention, appreciation and love more than ever. It is the duty of children to make their parents feel useful and loved in old age.
Over the past year and a half, many elderly parents have been suffering from depression and mental health problems due to the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19) most of adult children avoided to go and visit their elderly parents so as to save them from this disease therefore most of elder parents suffered from the decline of social relationships. Today, with new technologies, children will be able to communicate with their parents visually and see their faces even when they are not by their side, and this in turn is a great help for them to eliminate nostalgia and boredom.
People whose elderly parents are alive can make them happy and get rid of fatigue by doing a few simple things during the day:
- Daily contact with parents. Sometimes children's simple phone calls become part of their daily to-do list.
- Face-to-face meeting with parents. Remember, no matter how great the benefits of video calling are, there is no substitute for face-to-face meetings.
- Encourage parents to connect with their peers on social media and expand their circle of communication by joining social events
- Planning to go to recreational places with elderly parents or participating in local festivals.
- Getting help from health care providers. If you do not have enough time to spend with your parents or if you cannot be with your parents for a long time due to the distance, it is better to get help from health care providers. They help a lot in keeping the elderly alive. Of course, we should not forget that health care providers They should only be allowed to care for the elderly and should not play the role of a child for them.
- Teaching elderly parents how to use new technologies. This way they will be able to join social networks and find old friends.
By giving a little time to old parents, they can be given more happiness, mental health and safety.
Leave Your Comment